Sunday, June 1, 2014

Mommy Wars?

So, after a series of random and confusing events which were ultimately fatal to my (dot) com connectivity, my last ONLY blog is no more, and I am reverting back to this one as my main landing page. Call me a hypocrite.

Anyhoo, I hope everyone's weekend was great! I know mine was eventful, to say the least.

I will spare you all the daily details of our family adventures, but there is one thing bugging me from this past Saturday that I wanted to get some feedback on. I just need to know if I am the only one noticing this...

We took our little dude to the park for some playtime to get out of the house, and it was great! He always has fun, and we enjoy watching him run around being a boy. No complaints there.

There were other kids there as well, and they were all having a great time as well. Then I noticed something - disturbing.

It probably doesn't really strike anyone right away - I didn't notice it myself until we were about to leave. But, I did notice it. And it kind of shocked me.

Here I was, at the playground with my 1 1/2 year old son, just out having some fun, when I realized we were surrounded by some stunning young women, all of them dressed up and decked out more than some dates I've been on! Enter the young mommy wars.

Now, in case any of you are wondering at this point, I am not making note of these ladies in a good way.

In fact, it frustrates me to see this growing trend more and more as I have become a young Dad.

Here we are, at a local family park, just out getting some sunshine, and lining the benches are a bunch of starved, polished, decorated fashion dolls all competing with each other for whoever's attention they can get.

Now, let me remind you, these kids are around my son's age - 1 1/2 to 3 or 4 yrs.

This tells me that these gals probably still have a man at home currently, or if they're that bad off then he must have left real recently. I don't think I have to explain my meaning here.

And yet, here they are, dressed to kill at the playground. C'mon, really?

For starters, I am disappointed knowing that these are the type of people raising the kids my son is going to have to grow up around. There are some high standards being set already, let me tell you!

Aother issue I have is why, if women nowadays are so concerned with being treated like nothing more than targets or objects, would you present yourself to the world as exactly that?! You think low-cut tops and skirts that cover nothing when you sit down are gonna have a man thinking about what a great person you are, or that you might have ambitions and dreams beyond the bedroom?

Here's another one: why do these women have to compare themselves among these other women? Aren't you here at the park with your kids? Doesn't that (obviously) mean you've at least impressed someone enough to have a kid or two? Are you planning on having a horrible marriage, filled with lies and unfaithfulness and chaos? Are you so unhappy that you have to "prove" you've still got it? (Whatever IT is.)

How about this: what about your kids? Yeah, them. What about your kids, barbie? You know, the ones who are looking to you as a role model in life. The ones who, depending on gender, will either seek to emulate you in their own life and morals, or learn what sort of woman to look for in a future partner. Oh right, it was never about them. They just come with the real estate now.

I could go on, but I realize I am bringing a hard case here, and I don't totally know quite what to think of all this yet. Maybe I am jumping to conclusions? Perhaps I am not understanding a woman's point of view? Are they not even aware? (Highly doubtful...)

I know that this is obviously a man's opinion, and I welcome any futher discussion on the topic, negative or positive. I am just trying to understand what in the world I am supposed to take this as - as a guy.

Thanks for reading gang, feel free to comment below!

Levi

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment