Friday, June 20, 2014

Midnight Musings

I don't often feel too emotional about most things.

When I was younger, my emotions controlled me. I was angry, outloud, happy, full throttle pedal-to-the-metal! More often than not, it got me in more trouble than it did me any good.

Over the years, I learned how to control my emotions. I learned to listen before I spoke. I discovered that not everything is what it seems. I found out that punching things only left me with a sore fist, lol.

But there are some things I am glad I experienced to the max. I look back on those memories and smile, shaking my head at how reckless I was even just a few years ago.

Tonight, my heart is happy again. There are many things that are a contributing factor, but for the first time in a long time, things just seem to be falling into place.

It's not a giddy, high-school feeling of utopia. It's not a silly school-yard fancy, or even that top-of-the-world first semester of college. It just a deep sense of knowing that everything is genuinely going to be alright.

There hasn't been anything particularly wrong. Nothing wrong at all, really.

But when things are right, it just FEELS right, you know?

I don't know, just my thoughts. Life is beautiful guys - get out there and live it!

Levi

posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment