Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Bullet-Proof Blankets?!

As my buddy and I have begun writing a series studying and investigating the different angles of War, I am myself noticing more and more all the different aspects of combat that are emerging in our modern society.

While I am a bit Spartan myself in my approach to life, it disturbs me to see that rather than solving the issues at hand, we as a culture seek to answer violence with violence.

Don't get me wrong. I am a proponent of war when it is indeed necessary. No freedoms were ever won by building bigger walls. But when our children and families daily lives begin to look more and more like disaster preparedness commercials than comfortable living, I say it's high time to re-examine our methods.

One of the top articles today in the news was that of a bullet-proof naptime blanket for elementary schools.

Let me repeat that. BULLET-PROOF BLANKETS FOR ELEMENTARY SCHOOLS.

Those two ideas should never go together. EVER.

In a world clamoring for rights, equality, acceptance, and tolerance, our actions couldn't be more contrast with our words.

Everyday, someone claims to have the answer, passes more laws and legislation, spends more money on useless campaigns, writes an article that starts a social media fire storm, and all the while our children are the ones dodging the bullets.

Real bullets. There is nothing proverbial here friends.

Why on God's green Earth are we even considering this to be a good idea? Bullet-proof blankets that double as body armor for our kids?! These are our kids we're talking about!

Oh, but this is nothing new to them. They've been dodging the emotional bullets for years. While our government and education system and now our broken homes have been playing guinea pigs with the kids, they've been ducking for cover for years. Why should real bullets be any different?

Ask the kids, and they're probably glad someone finally thought of them. Bullet-proof blankets? Of course! As a 9, 10, 13 year old, you never know when someone might get there feelings hurt and decide to start killing people. Gotta survive long enough to at least graduate, right? Since that high school diploma means so much nowadays...

Wouldn't it be a proud moment, knowing that those kids walking across the stage are not only educated now, but also combat ready for when the psycho classmate-turned-co-worker opens fire at the office? Glad I learned about that in middle school.

Enough is enough. We need to take back our kids and our country, and we need to do so by being aware to what is happening in the world and instructing our kids to see through the lunacy! Do we really want to raise a generation that considers mass homicide just another crazy thing that happens in life, and good luck if you survive?!

I for one will not stand for it. I will be outspoken, outloud, and upfront to anyone who lends me their ear! I will train my children in the way they should go, and teach them how to THINK, not react. I will encourage this same thinking and training in all I know and associate with, and I will strive to see that they pass this same information on to all they know as well.

We are AT war, ladies and gentlemen. The battle has long since begun, and it is our kids dodging bullets and being suited with armor in the hallways.

Enough is enough.

It is time to stand up. It is time to speak out. It is time to fight for what is right - our family, our faith, and our freedom. We can save our nation yet, and we can start in our homes.

Under God,

Levi


posted from Bloggeroid

No comments:

Post a Comment